Query!! Contact us Now.

Simple Process

Choose a Service You Require

Fill Up The Enquiry Form

We Will Mail Document List

Our Executive will Call You

Will Submit Application

Obtain certificate

12A and 80G Registration

NGOs have a significant role to play alongside Government in improving the status of society by taking up moral and social responsibilities. Even the Government understands that this social challenge is big and hence to grant income tax benefit, registration under section 12A and 80G was granted. Also such registration helps government monitor the use of funds by NGOs. The NGOs are supervised and they have to make sure the money is used appropriately and for the upliftment of society.

income of NGOs under Income Tax Act

12A registration exempts the income of NGOs under Income Tax Act and 80G registration is for income tax exemption benefit of donors.

12A 80G
NGO income is exempted under Income Tax Income tax deduction to donors
Easy grants from Government and public Motivates public to donate

Entities that can take 12A and 80G registration

  • Charitable trusts
  • Religious trusts
  • Societies
  • Section 8 companies

but it specifically excludes

  • Private trust
  • Family trust

Documents required for 12A and 80G Registration

Application for 12A and 80G needs to be made with Commissioner of Income Tax along with following documents

  • Application in Form 10A
  • Names, Address, PAN and contact details of trustees/managers
  • Registration certificate/MOA/Trust deed
  • PAN of NGO
  • Address proof of NGO – Latest utility bill/ Municipal tax paid receipt. In case premises is rented, then rent agreement along with NOC from owner and latest utility bill/municipal tax receipt
  • Evidence of welfare activities and progress report from inception or last 3 years
  • Statement of accounts since inception or last 3 years
  • List of donors along with their PAN and Address

© 2018 Business Escalators. All rights reserved | Powered by Creador Designs.